Section Studios, Los Angeles, CA 1/15 – 7/15
Managed and led multiple teams of developers in creating mobile, PC, and console mass market games for AAA publishers. Organized game design, composed schedules, and managed budget for projects from $100 – $750,000.
- Managed a team of 5 engineers, 16 artists, and 4 game designers resulting in successful development of online multiplayer game Dead Realm that brought in $500,000 in sales revenue within 4 days of launch.
- Worked with top 3 influencers in the Youtube & Twitch.tv space during development which added over 1 million additional online impressions.
Always Player 2, Los Angeles, CA 5/14 – Present
Consultant and developer for mobile and web applications for small businesses, start-ups, and individuals.
- Produced and designed Sanga, a 3d educational game for iPad by contracting and managing a team of 4 developers from creation to finish.
- Managed Beijing development to fix production for Jokes4U, a social online comedy app that was 5 months over schedule, resulting in successful completion within 2 months and no increase in budget.
Zya, Calabases, CA 2/12 – 4/14
Lead Game Designer
Lead design on all SKUs for an angel and venture backed start up (Intel Capital, Liberty Global, and Shea Ventures) company making online social music games.
- Led design team for Zya on all game SKUs, for a team of 30 developers resulting in successful worldwide launch and becoming the #1 Music Game in the Apple App Store.
- Prototyped new game mechanics, wrote game design documents, and created wireframes, with emphasis on retention and monetization that established production process and release of Zya.
- Presented to investors, board of directors, and strategic partners, including Apple, EA, Chillingo, and Samsung which resulted in publishing deals valued at $150,000 each.
Defy Media, Los Angeles, CA 6/10 – 1/12
Game Designer & Web Editor
Produced and designed all aspects of flash, social media, and mobile games for a top digital media brand with over 125 million views each month.
- Founded Digital Ad Gaming department which produced branded games with budgets of $10 – 40k for clients including Starbucks, Universal Pictures, and Lionsgate resulting in $100 – 400k additional in client ad impressions over 3 month timeframe.
- Created original concept and designed games including Zombie Parkour Runner (iOS) which was featured on Apple’s What’s Hot two times resulting in over 2 million downloads for Defy Media.
- Managed game design for Shanghai development team of 20 + developers to produce 4 games per quarter.
Disney Interactive Media, Salt Lake City, UT 12/09 – 5/10
Sensory Sweep Studios, Salt Lake City, UT 1/07 – 3/09
Japanese Exchange Teaching Programme (JET) – Namegawa Middle School, Namegawa, Japan 7/04 – 8/06
Assistant English Teacher
Speaker & Lectures
Comic Con, Anime Banzai, GEEX, New York Film Academy
Marshall School of Busincess – USC, Los Angeles, CA 2017
MBA, Masters of Business Administration
Pomona College, Claremont, CA 2003
BA, Philosophy, Politics, & Economics (PPE)
Nanjing University,Nanjing, China 2001 – 2002
Study Abroad Program
Dev Track, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, Sound Forge, visual scripting, Mandarin Chinese, conversational Japanese
Video games, Stand Up Comedy, Pro-wrestling, comics, Capoiera, MMA, cooking, collectible card games, languages, dance